- We help needy families experiencing a crisis situation.
- Will need volunteers after Jan 1 when we move to other building, we have a large variety of job desciptions including work in thrift store, moving, painting, building walls, organizing, Decorating, etc..
- Will need non-perishable foods and perishable foods, ongoing sheets, towels,blankets, beds, couches, appliances and anything for necessity daily living. Also cleaning products, paper products, hygiene items and anything for daily use.
- Contact Lisa Napper Program Manager (502) 633-1965 Extension 2
Monday, December 13, 2010
Sunday, December 5, 2010
- Shelby County Humane Society is a non-profit, no-kill shelter located in Shelbyville, Kentucky. "No-kill" means animals stay with us or in foster homes until they are adopted. No animal is euthanized unless it is medically necessary. Our work includes rescue of homeles animals, pet adoptions, a spay/neuter program and humane education. It is our goal to provide these services to the best of our ability in the hope that we can significantly reduce the number of unwanted and homeless animals in our community, as well as educating the public about responsible pet ownership.
- We gratefully accept any volunteer time you have to offer. Volunteers must be 18 or older.
- Wish list:
Friday, December 3, 2010
- Connecting rescued horses with hurting children for healing. At no charge, families in trauma come to a haven to begin a relationship with a horse, demonstrating the unconditional love of God.
- Volunteer opportunities include all ages and cover many needs. From families painting fences and mucking out pens, to adults training horses and building stalls, we need helpers with no experience, to professional.
- Wish List: (We are totally dependent upon donations.)
Compact Utility Tractor such as Deere 2000 series with front loader
84 sheets ¾ plywood, 252- 2x12x12 for hay loft
250- 1x6x16 fence boards for stalls, doors, and fencing
Money for hay, feed, tack, vetting and farrier for 17 horses
We are in immediate need of money to pay hospitalization costs of a pony we recently lost; $1500 still needed to raise.
- Contact info: Phone—502-655-0845 Gaye Cox Facebook: Stormhaven Youth Ranch www.stormhavenyr.org
- 504 Christianburg Rd. Shelbyville, Ky 40065
- We offer pregnancy tests and confidential peer counseling. All services are free and open to anyone,
- Donations: we are always in need of diapers and carseats.
- Hours: Tuesday and Thursday 10-6, Wednesday 2-6
- Jan Antos, Director
- 25 Village Plaza Shelbyville, KY 40065
- We help adults with disabilities build better lives, one person and one day at a time. We provide job training, employment in our job center, independent living skills training and assistance, advocacy, community access and involvement, and assistance in accessing important services such as healthcare and nutrition.
- Paper Towels, Cleaning Supplies, Gift Cards to Wal-Mart and Kroger to allow us to purchase training supplies, groups to host parties and outings with our clients, volunteers to help Monday-Thursday, 9:00 am to 3:30 pm. EMERGENCY NEEDS: Charitable donations, which are tax-deductible.
- Shelby Center for Disability ServicesContact Info: Tara Clark, Director, (502) firstname.lastname@example.org, on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=122572155651
536 Frankfort Road, P.O. Box 861, Shelbyville, KY, 40066
The mission of Multi-Purpose Community Action Agency, Inc. is To improve the quality of the lives of senior citizens and low income persons by coordinating access to vital resources and services.
- We operate in the counties of Shelby, Spencer and Bullitt. We have senior centers in all three counties that is the hub for other services such as education, health promotion, recreation, socialization, hot mid-day meal, home delivered meals, light housekeeping and other personal care assistance. We have an adult day care center in Shelby County that caters to families whose loved ones are suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s. We operate food pantries in Shelby and Spencer counties. We also are the source for senior commodity boxes in all three counties. We can offer assistance with heating bills, emergency assistance, credit repair counseling and other programs to help people on the road to self sufficiency. We operate a Weatherization program to help low income families lower their energy costs in their homes. More information on our programs can be found at our website, mpcca.org.
- We have volunteer opportunities at all of our senior centers. We are seeking volunteers who enjoy working with seniors, planning and leading activities, serving meals, and delivering home delivered meals to our homebound clients. Volunteers who have office skills would be very helpful at our senior centers. There is a myriad of tasks that require computer and interpersonal skills.
- If you wish to volunteer at our Shelby Senior Center, please call (502) 633-7162. In Spencer County, please call (502) 477-8296. In Bullitt County, please call (502) 543-3405.